07 July 2008

PLASTIC SOUL - Three on More4



PLASTIC SOUL is me and my old friend Paul Bateman. He sold me a dodgy guitar when I was 18 and we've never looked back.

Over the years, we've lent the name to a variety of projects, including drum & bass (Brand New Heavy 12" on L Double's Flex Records), "psychedelic jazz" (Plastic Jam 7" on Strawberry Recording Co.) and as House DJs during the late 90's (mainly in The End's back room at the For Your Pleasure parties).

Sometime in 1999, we recorded the unreleased Three Degrees E.P, featuring 2 slightly odd House tracks (InSoul8 and Moodibloo) and a sort-of-breakbeat track called Three. The latter has just found it's way on a More4 advert.

The advert will be screened at 9.20pm, Tuesday 8th July, More4. I'm not sure how much of the track you can actually hear and we are in no way responsible for the talking heads that feature, honest. You can hear / see it on the YouTube clip below:

2 comments:

N.E. said...

cool! - so how much they payin you for that one, bob?

West Norwood Cassette Library said...

no figure mentioned but i'm expecting you to give me a hand counting all those zeros!